It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Tuesday, September 27


I am so fucking happy!

The Holy Grail of bad obscure 80's songs, found!!


Remember a few months ago, when I asked for some help on what I thought was two bad obscure 80's songs? I got some leads from y'all, but they weren't quite what I wanted.

It turns out the first "song" I asked about, "I'm Alive (No Turning Back)" was actually two songs, by the same band, The Sherbs. I don't remember where the word "sherb" finally hit me, but then I remembered that I actually once owned both Sherbs LPs. They were an Aussie band that I first heard watching preacher's son/pothead/budding anarchist Gliddy spark one up in his bedroom.

OK, that solved, I have continued the search for "I'm Leaving", which is the title for at least 534 Blues songs that kept coming up as I was stealing downloading from LimeWire.

Well, my quest......is over!!

The completely obscure (unknown to me) 80's band "Taxxi" did the version of "I'm Leaving" with such great lyrics as "...my clothes in a bag, dead muscles sag, I've come to the end of my stay...". OK, that sucks, but GODDAMN, don't YOU remember what was playing when YOU got YOUR first Hoover???

And, as a bonus, the same source also kicked in with "No Time To Lose" by the great Tarney Spencer Band. HOT Damn!! I can still smell the cheap Avon Firefox perfume now, embedding itself in the fabric of the back seat of my folks' '79 Impala. Along with the pungent aroma of my ball sweat, but I digress...

Thank you, Amazon, thank you, William J. Eichelberger, Aging 80's Icon, and thank you, Taxxi and Tarney Spencer Band, for pulling my ass through puberty!

|

Home