It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Thursday, April 7


The Losingest Pitcher in the NL

Brandon Webb lost 16 last year, but he held on for the win last night.

Honesty compels me to admit that I love using Chip Caray's little cliche. And Honest also Compels Me to Admit that I did not watch last night's game, which is just as well. I cannot intelligently comment about what happened during Brandon Webb's watch last night, yet a brief scan of the newspapers informs me that there were plenty of Cubs on base last night who did not score, which just smacks of 2004.

I suppose at times "bad luck" can be blamed for losses like these. At other times, far more often in fact, "bad execution" must be blamed, along with specifics like "missing signs", "not cutting down on swing", "not going with pitches", and "not being patient at the plate". I will assume it was "bad execution" last night that sunk us, and leave it up to you, dear readers, to correct me if necessary.

We're almost up to 100K hits. I feel like I owe all of you a debt of gratitude, for taking part of your day to read what I have to say. I would be happy to ship the 100,000th reader my chain-saw carved wooden Cubby Bear that I received this Christmas, but the shipping alone would break my buns. I'll have to think this over in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, keep the faith.

|

Home