It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Friday, April 1


I LOVE Ryne Sandberg, but...

...for what reason is he always out there now, trying one ill-advised post-career move after another? He couldn't possibly need the money. Is he just a hypernut, bored? Is his new wife making him try his hand as a coach, as a radio host, and most recently, as a "baseball expert" for Yahoo! Sports? Nice guy, good guy, just not a real bright guy, with no real entertaining qualities about him.

Let's just sit back and enjoy the first part of his initial foray into print journalism:

Baseball's big winners

By Ryne Sandberg, Yahoo! Sports
March 31, 2005

I was fortunate enough to win the National League's Most Valuable Player award in 1984. It was an award that did not come easy. It required me to play at a higher level, and that effort, for the first time in my career, took a Cubs team to the postseason.

Consistency for a full season is very hard to come by. You have to stay healthy, you have to be consistent, and you have to produce on a daily basis. With all of the All-Star players in the league, to be singled out as the MVP was very gratifying to me. After winning an award like that, I felt I needed to maintain that type of contribution every year


Yep, for all you little leaguers out there. In order to acheive consistency, you have to be consistent.

Thank you, Ryno. Thanks again.

|

Home