It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Wednesday, August 11


I love Big Stupid Tommy

He's like the more social little brother I never had, although I might have had a problem with his growing taller than me.

Anyway, if you have not done so in the past, go on out to his vastly superior blog which does quite brisk business for itself. As far as I can tell, Tommy is an underemployed college graduate in Tennessee, a wickedly creative writer who just needs His Big Break before he has to resign himself to a life of book tours, interviews with snotty celebrities, and writing screenplays on deadline. He's a complex man with a simple life, he has tons of friends and, if his life is in fact somewhat uneventful, he doesn't make it seem that way on his blog.

Plus, this boy from Tennessee is a big Cub fan, and has a healthy disrespect for the whole facade that everyone in the organization is pulling in the same direction.

Plus, out of the kindness of his heart, he sent me this full-sized theatrical poster, which came strapped to the mailbox today:



Some questions from my family:

"Who is this Tommy? Is he one of your internet buddies?"
"Doesn't he know you're married?"
"You're NOT putting that up downstairs!"
"Can I have it?"

Guess they're not used to random acts of generosity.

So, thank you, BST!! I'm digging it big time, and no good turn goes undone. I'll be in touch...

|

Home