It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Wednesday, June 23


Rain on a nice picnic?

No, why would I do that?

It doesn't get much better than this, kids. After sweeping the AssTrolls and beating Moneyball two-of-three, we go down to the big frying pan and just fucking STAB 'em in the heart with Ramirez' two-out two-run double.

Better than sex? Dunno if Jack Ryan would think so. I'd have to mull it over, because it's damnclose.

I'm not going to recap the game, for there are plenty of places you can go to look for that. Today I am going to wonder about Kerry Wood.

I suppose I should have faith, for it seemed like Prior was never coming back, and now he's here and pitching very well. Today in the Trib, Wood said not to expect him back before the All-Star break (mid-July). The optimists amongst us will expect that we will hold on tight until then, and from there, cruise to a division title, where we will enjoy the benefits of a relatively fresh Prior and Wood in the playoffs.

I just hope they know what they are doing, because it seems that whatever ails him isn't much worse than the pain (some) pitchers go through on a routine basis, and I'm wondering how long our luck is going to hold out, essentially playing shorthanded since day 1.

The other question of the day is that they seem to be rushing Rickey Guiterrez through the system. Is Gonzalez hurt worse than first thought? Or have they just given up on his low average and buttload of strikeouts? Surely they don't plan on Dusty trying to keep Guiterrez, Gonzalez, Ordonez, Martinez, Maciasez, Walkerez and Grudzalanez happy all at once?

Never heard of a team keeping seven middle infielders. Expect to see some trades, although I can't even imagine what useful parts any of them would bring. I don't think you can get a decent closer for a handful of mediocre middle infielders.

|

Home