It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Monday, November 28


Still don't feel like writing

idea stolen from BST:

HAVE YOU EVER:

Smoked a cigarette or tried it:

Once. I was nearly thirty. I was nearly blood-poisoned at the time.

Crashed a friend's car:

No

Stolen a car:

Nein

Been dumped:

Oh, Yeah. More than any of you.

Shoplifted:

They had so many many cool things at the department store I worked at as a kid, and there were so few few people watching over them. In fact, the people watching over them was....me! Bad mistake.

Been fired /laid off:

Forced to resign? Sure. Not at the department store, either.

Been in a fist fight:

Been a while. Actually, it was probably wife #1 when she was in the process of deserting me and the kids. She tried to run over me with her car. I then yanked her door open, and kicked her right in her fat ass. Good times.

Snuck out of your parent's house:

Not really my style.

Been arrested:

Nope.

Gone on a blind date:

Oh yeah. Met a girl in a 12-step program. Met nymphos, drunks, and my current wife.

Lied to a friend:

I can't recall any one time in particular, but I'm sure I'm guilty, because I'm a Sinner.

Skipped school:

Classes in college, but I was (also) a goody two-shoes in high school.

Seen someone die:

Nope

Been to Canada:

Several times, for a grand total of probably three hours in-country.

Been to Mexico:

Went to Cancun in '98. It royally sucked.

Eaten Sushi:

No. Haven't eaten fish bait, either.

Met someone in person from the internet:

Yep, most notably, Mrs. Sloth

Taken pain-killers:

I'm on 'em as I speak. I fear I burst a disc Saturday, trying to help Nick haul a treadmill into our house. Ow. Owowowowowowwww! He had already managed to get the new 265 lb. teevee in our house, and this thing was at least 50 lbs. lighter.

Had a tea party:

Not that I recall.

Cheated while playing a game:

Assuming golf counts, then yes, I have cheated while playing a game.

Fallen asleep at work:

Yep, quite recently, in fact, sitting up over my keyboard. Pathetic.


Used a fake ID:

Nope. Back in the day, there was no shortage of places willing to sell overpriced Old Style to a young man such as myself.

Felt an earthquake:

Last year, Nick burst into our room at about 3AM muttering about an earthquake. I asked him sincerely whether he was on drugs, because neither my wife or I had felt anything. The next day, it was all over the news. Sorry, son.

Touched a snake:

Yeah. I Didn't care for it, either.

Been robbed:

At gunpoint? No. Pickpocketed? Several times.

Petted a reindeer/goat:

In northern Wisconsin during one of my ex-in-laws' Vacations From Hell, we went to a petting zoo with nothing else better to do. Nick was about 2, and he grabbed a goat by the scrote. They are surprisingly strong for their size, especially when they're feeling sexually violated.

Won a contest:

The Knights Of Columbus Essay Contest of 1978. Good times. Free food.

Been suspended from school:

Nyet.

Been in a car accident:

Several small ones, nothing major. Was in a train wreck, too. Got on Channel 5 news for a brief moment.

Had braces:

Nunca.

Eaten a whole pint of ice cream in one night:

Sh-i-i-i-i-t. I've eaten a half-gallon at one sitting. Why do you think I'm the Sloth?

Witnessed a crime:

I watch Steve Bartman steal the 2003 pennant from us.

Seriously, I've witnessed a few little things.

Swam in the ocean:

Sure. Skin feels funky afterwards.

Sung karaoke:

Tainted Love, oooh ohhhh oh oh, Tainted Love....

Paid for a meal with only coins:

Sure, only for the purpose of getting rid of a lot of change. Nowadays, my wife enjoys collecting change. So I don't get to, anymore.

Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose:

A partial list of things that have come out my nose whilst laughing:

Water
Milk
Coke
mushrooms
corn nuts
spaghetti
kool-aid
Shasta cherry

Been kissed under mistletoe:

We usually have mistletoe, and I usually am the kisser, not the kissee.

Crashed a party:

I never got invited to any parties as a young drunk. How do you think I got around?

Worn pearls:

I've given them, never worn them.

Jumped off a bridge:

Jumped off of cliffs in the old strip mine holes.

Ate dog/cat food:

Milk Bones are mostly grain materials. They won't kill you.

Kissed a mirror:

Sure.

Glued your hand to something:

I've had Super Glue incidents, but nothing like the dude from American Pie.

Done a one-handed cartwheel:

Puh-leeze?

Talked on the phone for more than 6 hours:

Do I look like I have a vagina?

Didn't take a shower for a week:

No, not even.

Picked an Apple off a tree and eaten it?

Many many times. Gotten the Green Apple Fast Steps, too.

Been told by a complete stranger that you're hot:

Just once. She was, too. I asked her out. We finally went out. She drank probably more than a case of beer that night. I never could figure out whether or not she was drinking to avoid remembering me, or if she was just a souse. When I pulled up to her pad at the end of the evening, I had one of them Pinto "Fuck Her. Fuck Her Brains Out" moments. She was SO hot. She was SO drunk. She would have, I think.

I didn't. Asshole. I hoped she would call me again. She didn't.

|

Home