It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Thursday, January 27


Some real bad news

My father-in-law Pete died today.

He was my favorite father-in-law, which is damning with faint praise. Actually, he was a real nice guy, without an ounce of malice in his whole body. Didn't say much, was real nice to me and my boys, gave us a place to stay while our house was finished, and meant an awful lot to my wife and step-daughter.

He has been battling lung and brain cancer since Christmas 2003, he beat the brain rap but the lung finally got to him today. Its hard to tell just how much suffering he went through, because he wasn't one to complain. He deteriorated rapidly since Sunday, when I saw him last. He was 69 years old.

He smoked for roughly 35 years. He quit 15 years ago, when my wife's first husband dropped dead of a grabber caused by HIS smoking.

If you smoke, consider quitting. My wife and her mom are almost comatose with the shock. Do you want that for YOUR own family?

Anyway, funeral's monday, which means until then, try and fuck as often as you can manage. Fucking is great, beats having to pick out flower arrangements. Yep yep.

|

Home