It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Thursday, September 30


How many times do I have to say it?????



Latroy Hawkins is NOT a closer!
Latroy Hawkins is NOT a closer!
Latroy Hawkins is NOT a closer!
Latroy Hawkins is NOT a closer!
Latroy Hawkins is NOT a closer!
Latroy Hawkins is NOT a closer!
Latroy Hawkins is NOT a closer!
Latroy Hawkins is NOT a closer!
Latroy Hawkins is NOT a closer!
Latroy Hawkins is NOT a closer!
Latroy Hawkins is NOT a closer!
Latroy Hawkins is NOT a closer!
LATROY HAWKINS IS NOT A CLOSER!!!!!

If I was Dusty Baker, and I had a 2 or 3 run lead in the ninth, I'd bring in Hawkins. But, if I had only a 1 run lead, I wouldn't. I understand Ryan Dempster cannot pitch every day. I understand Kent Mercker is sometimes ineffective pitching a whole inning. I understand Remlinger sort of sucks.

Just because you have great stuff (Farns and LaTroy) doesn't make you a closer. What did we learn in 1998 with Rod Beck, in 2003 with Borowski?

Closing is more of a state of mind than it is about stuff. You gotta THINK you CAN, then go out and DO! Hawkins doesn't have that, and never will.

Since April, I have been harping about the lack of a leadoff man, and the lack of a closer. Sporadically, Patterson and Hawkins have done the job.

But sporadically doesn't get you into the playoffs. We shouldn't HAVE to rely on the shit-eating Tony LaRussa to act honorably in regards to his team's efforts against the AssTrolls. He should be suspended for a year for throwing games. He is actually DOING what everyone was only AFRAID that Pete Rose might do.

But we should be so far ahead of both of these teams that they could choose to fellate each other on the basepaths, and it shouldn't make any difference to us.

|

Home