It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Wednesday, May 5


Observations from last night's tooth-pulling

It might not be the worst thing in the world to assume that we are going to lose the games that Sergio Meat Tray starts, and on the off chance that we actually win, to bask in the unexpected windfall, happily slurping up the gravy.

Certainly I don't expect to win games when we give up 6 runs. It isn't the loss that really depresses me today. It's the fact that Steve Sparks got tired last night and served up the biggest, fattest, slowest, juiciest piece of meat I have ever seen and Sammy muscled it out...and if that hadn't happened, we would have been shut out. Because they brought in some Valvoline guy in the ninth, and he just slammed the fuckin' door.

Since the Big Unit game, there seems to be a real lack of concentration amongst the Cub hitters. That night, they literally flailed at everything Big Ugly threw up there, and they haven't stopped flailing since. As I have pointed out time and time again since I started displaying my uncouthness, ballplayers are not exactly Titans of Intellect, and they seem to forget what it was that brought them there.

At this point in time, Dusty and Sarge need to earn their money, by convincing their players to get back to fundamental hitting, mentally, physically, and psychologically. We already wasted wonderful starts this week by Wood and Z. I don't want to see them waste any more.

|

Home