It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Friday, May 7


Angst and loathing in Mt. Prospect

Nice beating yesterday. I'm glad Derrek Lee got his five hits. Now he is ahead of Hee Seop Choi in a major offensive category, BA, and even with RBI. Now maybe people will shut the fee-yuck up about how this was a bad trade. Unless Lee drops dead tomorrow from Sickle-cell Anemia, this will NEVER be a bad trade.

I'm also glad Matt Clement decided to shove a baseball bat up my ass. I hope to hell that things don't even itself out in the end, because if it does, fate owes Matt several weeks of misery. Maybe he's turned the proverbial corner. Then what do you do? Do you throw twenties or thirties of millions at him, and let Angel Guzman rot another year or two in Iowa? Do you trade Zambrano at the end of the year? It's a fuckin' embarrassment of riches.

The thing that is really making my ass itch today is the saga of one Lynnie England, better known as the dike-chopped chick shown pointing at the shriveled wangs of Iraqi prisoners in all those pictures. Her family is all over the place now, calling her a scapegoat, that she had done nothing wrong, that she was just "following orders".

Uh-huh, okay.

"Private England, go make fun of those prisoners' dicks!"

"Uh, sir? That wouldn't be right?"

"NOW, Private. That's a direct order!!"

Her family has the gall to compare her to Last Year's Hero, Pvt. Jessy. Here's what she has in common with Pvt. Jessica Lynch:

1) female
2) from W. Va
3) incompetent
4) heterosexual

Yep, our girl isn't a dyke after all....in fact, she's pregnant, with another soldier's baby. Good luck raising your little tot in the brig, moron.

As you recall, 2001 was a relatively strong year for the Cubs, and there was a lot of activity in the Cubs' Coven, the Yahoo! club I belong to where curses and cursing are encouraged, not just tolerated. On the day of 9/11, I believe I was the only person to post. I had just walked back upstairs to my office after watching the second tower collapse on a TV we had set up in our cafeteria. I was shell-shocked knowing I had just watched countless thousands of people die. I was NOT scared that anything was going to happen to me. I was sickened almost to the point of vomiting.

What made me that ill was what I posted on the Coven: "We aren't going to let this go. Somebody is going to pay, and pay dearly. I'm afraid that we aren't going to be proud of ourselves after this is all done."

I caught hell for saying that, from guys whose opinions I normally trust implicitly. They thought I sounded UnAmerican. Nothing could be further from the truth. I want America to conduct itself in the best way possible.

But I was right. None of us can be proud over what has happened as a result of the 9/11 tragedy. I realize in war, bad things happen, far worse things than what has happened in our prison camp in January. If it were me, having to administer prisoners far away from my home, I am sure I would be less than hospitable, too.

This is just the latest straw on the camel's back, and unfortunately, this straw might be the one that pisses the camel's owner off enough to truly LASH out against us.

I feel far less safe today than I did on September 11, 2001. Because, this time, they MAY actually have a beef with us.


|

Home