It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Wednesday, May 26


And now, your Anti-Iraq War comment of the day

Rick Telander has been seemingly losing his mind over the last few years, so it's hard to generally agree with him. But one of the minor points in his article for today, if nothing else, illustrates something I have been saying for years.

15 years ago, Iran and Iraq fought a brutal war against each other (which, coincidentally, we helped IRAQ with because we hated Iran, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend). Today, IRAN is boycotting some pre-Olympic events being held here, in protest of our involvement in IRAQ.

The point is, all these Islamic countries are like family. They have squabbled for 4,000 years, and if we can keep the planet in one piece, they will squabble for 40,000 more.

All our war is doing is serving to UNITE the Islamic countries of the world, and CONCENTRATING their terrorist efforts not on each other, but on US.

We have NO business being there, certainly not when we have NO concept of how the Islamic world works.

Hell, I'll just say it.

I WOULD RUN THIS COUNTRY BETTER THAN G. W. BUSH HAS BEEN.

I'm hundred percent positive on this, final answer.


|

Home