It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Saturday, April 10


Jokes, on Saturday

I stole this one from my buddy Gunny:

Q: What's the difference between Courtney Love and a hockey player?

A: A hockey player showers after three periods.

----

Speaking of possible jokes, it's Sergio Mitre pitching tonight against the Braves.

I look at the Meat Tray's work early in the season as an audition. Yeah, he's here now to help, but I'm thinking old Sergio's trade bait come July or so. If he can show that he's made more Pemmican than Slim Jim, he might help us get a shortstop that doesn't strike out....or maybe a Pittsburgh catcher who knows how to hit near the top of the batting order.

This is assuming that the rest of the pitching staff doesn't fall down the shitter with blown elbows and holes in the hearts.....

Hey, it worked to bring half the Pirates' roster over to Chicago last year....

-----

Unless something really, really cool happens that I feel the need to rant about, this is probably my last post as guest sloth, before the rightful owner returns from drunken stupor vacation. Just wanted to say that it's been fun. I know I can't do a third of what the Sloth does on a daily basis...but it felt good to get a couple of things out of my system.

If you enjoyed it, I'm over, nine days a week:

Big Stupid Tommy

|

Home