It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Friday, April 23


I DO believe I have heard it all

This is going to mean the most to the local audience, but I think you all can appreciate what I have to say.

I made the mistake this afternoon of putting my radio on the Score today, mainly because I wanted to know more about Pat Tillman getting killed in Afghanistan. Tillman, a former Arizona Cardinals defensive back, walked away from a few million dollars in 2002 to join the Army, in the aftermath of 9/11.

Some would say that Afghanistan is pretty much like Tempe, only with fewer taco stands, but I digress.

Tillman was killed in fighting today in Afghanistan, as his Special Forces unit engaged in a firefight with suspected Taliban members.

Anyway, the point is that Boers and Bernsie, the rapidly disintegrating afternoon Score hosts, were arguing that Tillman was a selfish dumbass for walking away from a high priced gig and joining the Army, because he wasn't home for his family. Their notion is, if you HAVE to join the Army, presumably due to a combination of financial need, intellectual deficiency, and/or usefulness in society, then it's OK to lose your life in a war. If you don't HAVE to go, then you shouldn't.

Now, let's get a few things straight:
1) I think the whole Bush Middle East witchhunt is wrong;
2) I don't believe that having us mucking things up over there is making me, my family, or democracy any safer;
3) I DID wonder from day one why a man would walk away from an NFL career, as well as a brand new marriage;
4) I think a man's place OUGHT to be with his family.

But, hell, I have always said that no matter how opposed I am to this war, the men and women who are over there serving are to be praised, supported, prayed for and held up as heroes for their courage and selflessness.

And, for fuck's sake, on the day the man DIES, you are going to go on the air of a 50,000 watt clear channel station and proclaim that the man was SELFISH?

I used to think those two were funny.

Today, I fervently hope those two are fired, without benefit of any type of negotiation. Pat Tillman is a Goddamned HERO, and you two fat mopes are scab-encrusted pud pullers.

Bores and Bernstain, Jesus H. GodDancing Christ, who the FUCK are YOU crappin'?

|

Home