It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Sunday, April 4


Guest Slothing....

Howdy. I'm Big Stupid Tommy. I'm your guest Sloth. You can generally find my little bit of mumbo jumbo on my usual blog. Rob's asked me to step in while he stalks just-of-legal-age celebrities vacations in the sunshine.

Not much to say this Sunday. It's not Opening Day, despite what ESPN's tried to do with this Sunday Night Baseball shit.

Fuck the Orioles and Red Sox and their Sunday night game. Do I watch the Designated Hitter league, or do I watch The Simpsons? It isn't a hard choice, even given the horrible writing of the Simpsons the past couple of years. Besides, if Joe Morgan's favorite player, Joe Morgan, is announcing, I'll pass just on the grounds that his constant condescension makes me break out in murderous anger.

And Fuck the Yankees and Devil Rays and Bud Selig and Major League Baseball and 4 AM Central Time for that asinine trip to Japan last week. Don't we have a nice enough product that we don't have to go shopping it to the foreigners? Foreigners that, I might add, already have a professional baseball league all of their own.

If the Japanese want to see the Devil Rays, send them to Tampa. Nobody in Tampa's buying the product.

Piss on all that. Opening Day isn't until Kerry "I Kill You With Baseball" Wood and the rest of his Chicago Cubs start the lawnmower over in Cincinnati. A little less than 24 hours from now.

All that resentment at missing baseball because I'm at work (I work nights....and yes, I'd still rather watch the American League, even the Yankees, than work) aside....it's a good week.

Baseball...real baseball....starts up. My March Madness is clearing up, along with that rash....and the Police Academy series is being released on DVD. It's gonna be a great week.

Now, where's all that Kool-Aid I've been hearing so much about.....?

|

Home