It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Tuesday, April 20


Call me, when you have no class

I have class today. (for once?)

Teaching class, actually. I can only jump on here in little bits, and heaven forbid someone here actually sees me being Uncouth.

All I can say for myself today is this:

At the beginning of the year, I advocated trading Clement. Now, he's our stopper.

Last thursday, I bitched that the Cubs had no fire. Did anyone watch the Reds series?

Yesterday, I griped that the bullpen sucked. They held the Reds scoreless.

I got in the car on the way home, and at that point the bags were loaded, and Derrek Lee was up. I said "what a bust!"....

It seems that I have reverse karmic control over the Cubs' surroundings. The only thing is, I can't just say I'm bitching. I have to mean it.

So it wouldn't work for me today to write about CPat's OBP. He isn't just gonna start taking pitches just because I say he won't. That would go against the spirit of the thing, and it just won't work.

I'm not mad about anything right now. I'm sure I'll be in a lather, tho, if somehow we fuck up in Pittsburgh.

|

Home