It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Tuesday, March 9


OK, at last, Meadow Soprano



Thank you, friends of Andy at Desipio. Now, can any of you come up with a Drea DiMatteo jpg for me, too?

I do want to clarify one thing from yesterday. I truly hope Remlinger is only going to be a few weeks late in starting his season. We truly need him out there, if the available options include Jimmy Anderson, Louie Anderson, and any other fat left-handed people named Anderson. My name isn't Anderson, or even Andersen, and I'm right handed. But IDs can be forged, and I do own a left-handed glove that my brother once used.

I never advocated the whole LOOGY thing, unless the rest of your bullpen is set, and you can afford to give a roster spot to a man who can only pitch to one man every other day, provided the man hitting is left-handed.

Remlinger is more than that, of course, he is a true reliever who can get hitters of both species out. I hope management is bright enough to realize that we really don't NEED a LOOGY just for the sake of having one. So if he's out a few weeks, we have the luxury of keeping one of our young guys around.

Hopefully it isn't more serious than that. I honestly have no idea who we can pitch a trade to, to replace him, if need be.

|

Home