It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Tuesday, March 30


Cubs post Active Roster

Assuming Prior, Macias, Remlinger, and Dempster all start the year on the DL, there are 28 names posted on the Cubs "active roster" on the official propaganda site.

Newly acquired Andy Pratt is there. So is Sergio MeatTray, and Todd Wellmeyer. There are no other surprises.

Considering Ramon Martinez is here, along with whomever is not playing in the Walker/Grud carousel, we really don't need another middle infielder, which is the Macias role. Actually, we don't need Macias.

So, knowing they don't have Prior, do they take Mike Wuertz and/or Jimmy Anderson? Is Kent Mercker going to start on the DL also? If they take 12 pitchers, then there will be no position replacement for Macias.

I, myself, I'd love to get a hitter. Off the bench, we have Goodwin and Hollandsworth, both nice in the pinch. We also have GrudWalker, and Martinez, who I'm not so impressed with as a pinch hitter. He fills in a couple of days a week capably.

To me, I need one more bat, and if we aren't going to give a shot to a McClain or a young guy like Nic Jackson, then you start dangling some young pitching meat out there, maybe get the Meat Beater back from Pittsburgh for a nice young cheap arm.

|

Home