It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Tuesday, March 16


I could get used to this

Kerry Wood had four uneventful innings yesterday, striking out four and giving up nothing. Now, if we could just get Mark Prior on a mound, and see him do the same thing, things would be more restful in my world.

I am already getting sick of hearing "Mark Prior may throw to the side tomorrow." I'm not sure where the fault lies here: with the Cubs, for not being honest about how badly the Francheezie is hurt, or with the media, for having to write something every time Prior has to wipe more than three times at a sitting.

He obviously is in more pain that I first thought. Chances are, though, when he eventually gets back to it, he will easily find his own groove, and be alright. But, I guess, you just don't know that until it happens. I do not believe that this was caused by his overuse at the hands of Dusty Baker. More than likely, this is a function of what I feel is overexertion by the player, in a seemingly well-meaning effort to stay in playing shape. I mean, his legs, in particular his lower legs, really don't need any more toning.

There were, as of Sunday, rumors that Juan Cruz was being shopped, with his market price being second-rate middle infield prospects. I gotta believe that, if this were done right, that Cruz would be worth more than Augie Ojeda. I suppose Hendry couldn't do it all this winter, the pursuit of Maddux led to uncertainity, and we are probably going to fall in the trap of over-valuing pitching prospects in our own minds, and in turn watch them leave town for far less than we think they should. Guess we better get used to it.

|

Home