It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Monday, March 1


A rare position to be in

Kerry Wood is signed long term. A lot of money, yes. But is his money keeping us from getting what we need? It doesn't appear so.

Derrek Lee is signed long term. I stand by my evaluation as "McGriff with a pulse". Now we all know McStiff ate Ass, but you cannot argue with his offensive production. If Lee produces at the plate as McGriff did in his prime, I'll take that for 6 milldo per.

Coaches say Farsworth is focused.

Borowski and Hawkins are getting alone fine.

Maddux, Wood, and Pryor are all saying the right things.

Zamboni is lighter, Patterson is crushing the ball (even though he still cannot run), Alou is still being pissy, and Barrett is asking for help with his game.

And, finally, the team is able to pass the buck to a higher authority in terms of the "uniformed presence" of SamMe's plunger-pal. "He can't hang out anymore, Sam. Bud Selig sez so."

Sall good...well, pretty much mostly good. We don't have a leadoff man, but other than that, even a bitter old kitty-fuck like me has no room to bitch.

Which is something I am going to have to get used to. If the words "MRI" and "Dr. Andrews" do not become an everyday occurrence in 2004, this team should win and win and win, this year, and in the future. The Trib is finally stepping up and spending what it takes to keep their key components, and the farm system just oozes pitching, in a league starving for it.

No other team, with the possible exception of the Steingrabbers, are set up as well as we are.

Please don't hold it against me when I pause as I turn each corner, waiting for the fucking baby grand piano to fall on top of my head. 35 years of fandom, and every year, something has broken.

Maybe my personal karma is well lately. I only had to spend 15 minutes in the Waiting Room, I got the seats I want for the games I wanted, and from what I gather (if you listen to WSCR, which I did today, like a moran), this was quite the rare occurrence. I just know, if I swill from the big Blue pitcher of Kool-Aid, that somehow I am gonna end up choking on it. But, I am thirsty, and it looks really, really tastee...

It might be the Year of the Cubs for the Sloth.



OOOOH YEEEAH!

|

Home