It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Wednesday, March 10


A minor lather

I have found it odd that Garth Brooks has been able to "buy" his way onto several spring training rosters.

The way it works is, that he puts up serious coinage to the team's charity, in exchange for liberal doses of jock-sniffing and pre-pubescent fantasy fulfillment. I suppose he's a good guy to have around, probably doesn't make himself to be too much of a pain in the ass, and does all the drills that the real players do. I suppose it's a fun thing, and I also supposed that I'm just pissed that I don't have enough means to do the same thing myself.

I didn't realize, though, that he was getting in as many games as he was, or that he was coming in contact with Real Live Expensive Major Leaguers, like LaTroy Hawkins. I know, nobody got hurt, except for Hawkins' ego, by Garth's first base pass. I know he was on base and scored in the Sux game the other day, too.

I just hope that the day never comes when he is too clumsy or dumb to get out of the way of something, and it causes harm to someone else's career. I also wonder if he isn't taking away valuable playing time from real prospects?

Of course, nobody says anything about Jose Macias being in Cubs' camp, either.

|

Home