It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Wednesday, March 17


Free Speech is Gone

It is, people. I knew after yesterday's post, I was going to get comments.

When I am told at work by my boss to change the way I normally express myself because we have to be more careful these days, I feel threatened.

When I recently endure a ten-fold increase in e-mails from people complaining that I am being blasphemous, when I have been FAR more blasphemous in the past, I feel threatened.

And, frankly all you Bush apologists, when you put comments out there telling me that I am just as free as ever, that the war in Iraq is GOOD for us, that the Patriot Act is good for us, and that he isn't in bed with Big Oil when Big Oil is basically his cabinet, well, I feel threatened.

I have voted Republican since I was 20. I voted for Bush in 2000. But, you people have NO idea what it's like to be ME right now. If you don't feel any different today than you did six months ago, let me theorize for a moment: YOU WEREN'T PUSHING THE ENVELOPE BEFORE, AND YOU AREN'T PUSHING IT NOW, SO WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

The Uncouth Sloth has pushed the envelope since 1999, and, believe me, it's pushing back. Don't tell ME that I'm just as free as I was. Because I'm not, and I will NOT argue this point any further.

|

Home