It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Thursday, March 11


Today's thoughts on Corey Patterson

I wrote something about ol' C-Pat in the Coven and I liked it so much, I brought it over here.

It is true that I have been raving about our need for a true leadoff hitter. I could see the difference Kenny Lofton brought to this team, and I truly wish there was a way we could have kept him for this year. But, he got a shitload of money to leave, and that's probably the best thing for him. It is too late to try to trade for one of the few decent leadoff hitters left at this time. Maybe, in July. So, we're stuck trying to shoehorn, or bellhorn, someone in the space.

I keep hearing people moan that, by rights, it ought to be Patterson, because he is quick.

Very simply, we did not draft Corey Patterson to lead off. He was
drafted as a 5-tool impact outfielder. He was envisioned to bat in
the middle of the order, drive in runs, and hit with power. He never
had plate discipline. IF he decides he wants to change his whole
game for the good of the team, that's one thing.

I don't see it happening, since he seems to be coming into his own
with his own game, which is power. He should be hitting 3rd, Sosa
4th, and fuck the big fat cornfucker AND his little dicklicking slave if
he doesn't like it. Shove his $18 million down his throat. In small
bills.

For once, Sosa needs to look at his hands, note the missing rings, and just do what the fuck he's told.

|

Home