It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Thursday, February 26


It ISN'T politics, man

Here's a quandary on day 10 of the Second Maddux Era. Every time I veer away from the ol' sports-a-roo a little, the comments and thus the interest goes way up. But, on the other hand, this is something I have no handle on.

I must be one weird butt-honcho. It seems that I a) have these gruesome thoughts that others don't, and b) am extremely apolitical, whereas the rest of the world seems to care very deeply.

Maybe I should care more about what Bush and Kerry and all the others are saying. I don't. I have simply been disillusioned over and over again, until I could care less who wins, because I know two things: a) promises will NOT be kept, no matter who wins, and b) four years from today, the sun will still rise in the east, and more than likely, I will still be encouraged to speak English when I go out in public.

Maybe if I cared more about this kind of shit, and less about who in the living fuck is gonna bat leadoff, and less about what my nun-looking ex-wife was thinking when she agreed to marry me in the first place, I would be a lot better off.

To me, I don't hang with gays, but what they do is fine with me, and none of my business, until one of them hits on me, which has only happened once, and was probably my fault. I just don't think it is necessary to append to the single most important document on the planet to legislate people's feelings. Feelings, I AM qualified to fight about...to the fuckin' death!

Yeah, yeah, there's the whole concept of who is going to pay the bill for the sig other benefits, the idea that this was all a front to muddle what the bigger issues are, etc.

I have an opinion about all of this, of course. I just don't choose to flop it out there, and thus offer it up for debate. I'm not equipped to do that. 99% of you are more informed than I am, most of you WAY more. We fight, you will win. Simple as that, and I'm not good with those odds.

So, I can't stop you if you want to twist what I say into a political forum. If you are enjoying yourselves, have at it. That's what it is all about, and God bless ya. I just feel the need at this time to issue this disclaimer. It should not prevent you one iota from communicating as you see fit.

This blog does not endorse any brand of politics, religion, race, color, or creed, except the Chicago Cubs and their fans, and people who are sick of dumbasses, regardless of their demographic.

Unless YOU yourself are one of the particular dumbasses I mention, please don't yell at ME. Thank you.


|

Home