It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Thursday, January 29


Sorry for missing you all yesterday. I didn't throw up, but my other end feels like a slab of Chili's baby back ribs, w/o the barbecue sauce.

New White Sox marketing campaign

Team slogan for 2004: "Curb Your Enthusiasm".

First Wrigley Field Moment

I was seven. It was Clemente's last year. We went with a bus group from my dad's work. Ron Santo pizza was great! Clemente hit 2 dongs and a double, as well as threw a guy out from right, as Pittsburgh shut us out.

But, as it does now, hundreds of trips later, when I walked up the ramp the first time, the field laid itself out atop the rows of seats. First the deep green of the ivy-covered brick walls rose up, followed by the even deeper, richer green of the outfield grass, complemented with the brownish-red damp clay of the basepath. I smiled then, as I smile now, with a most sexual contentment. Money green, Jaguar Green, St. Patrick's green...nothing compares to Wrigley Green.

33 years later, it is perhaps even more beautiful. Time, care, and superior herbicides have only improved the most beautiful venue for sport anywhere.

However, I'd trade it all for a pennant. In a second. There is no more room for sentiment in my following. Hendry, Baker, Prior & Co. need to win for me NOW!

Just wondering

Do Mike Sirotka, Ryan Dempster, Will Ohman, Scott Chaisson, etc. get all the free Cubs gear they want while they rehab? Will they sign me, while I work on losing the 75 pounds it would take for me to run the bases? Fuck the minimum. I'd take a buck a year, if it meant free workout time, as well as free gear.

|

Home