It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Thursday, January 8


Commenting

I will need to get my commenting fixed soon. My apologies to any of you who have been trying to comment about Hit King, Ryno, or Bore-ass.

There was a passing reference in yesterday's Bruce Miles column in the Daily Herald where he cautions us not to hope for I. Rodriguez, but there may still be a chance that G. Maddux will once again pitch for us.

In case this is your first visit here, even if Maddux comes, there will be NO pennant for us if Pudge does not play for us, as well. We cannot possibly call the Cubs' lineup dominant with Alex Gonzalez, Mike Barrett, and Grud taking up a third of the batting order. It WOULD be cool if Maddux came back, though. Not only does he win us 15 games, and buddies up with Wood, Prior, and the other studs, but it is just so Cub. Fergie came back this way, as did Holtzman and Big Daddy Reuschel, too.

Of course, I thought getting Richie Sexson was Cublike, too, and it didn't happen.

Oh well, look on the bright side. We still could be paying Turd Hundley to hit .154 for us.

|

Home