It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Monday, December 22


Pudge still lurks

The VERY best news of the day is that Javy Lopez is now an Oriole. WHEW!

I like what Joe had to say about Jose Macias: "Like Augie Ojeda, only taller". I personally don't think he makes the team. I don't see what he brings to the table, but I'm not that worried about the 25th guy.

I am still more worried about what should be one of the first guys on the roster: an available All-Star catcher. OK, Bako and Barrett are both under relatively minor contracts. These guys can exist, but we aren't winning anything with them, either. We still aren't ready to win, especially considering we don't have a leadoff man. When you have certain weaknesses, you have to overcompensate elsewhere. The presence of a known killer behind the plate is the overcompensation we need to atone for the sin of not having a true leadoff man.

Until the battle is won or lost, I will not quit. I will not stay silent.

|

Home