It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Tuesday, August 19


There, that one woke 'em up

Flannel Boy Rob Neyer was finally nudged awake and became aware of the existence of the Cubs today upon their acquisition of Worst NL Hitter LeAnn Womack.

I know many of you don't like the Flannely One, but I do. He's not a great writer, but he does know what works and what doesn't when it comes to baseball, and he is just beside himself today, as I am.

I realize that, as with the other acquisitions this year, not much was lost. Sure, the kid we game up has a decent AA record this year, but in a world of heavily publicized prospects, this one was new to me. Hopefully he never comes back to bite us on the ass. In the meantime, just because you CAN get a Tony Womack doesn't necessarily mean you SHOULD. It makes Dusty feel better, I'm sure, to have all of his Proven Vets in his clubhouse. I guess it doesn't hurt as bad when you get shut out when your guys have the maturity to make reasonable excuses about it after the game.

|

Home