It started out as a Cub blog with cuss words. I'm still cussin'; it's the Cub part I'm a little squishy on these days.

The Sloth is not intended for younger or sensitive readers!
N
POISON


Illini Basketball
Bruce, we gave you tha keys, and THIS is what you brought home?


¿Dónde está mi dinero, las rameras?


Site Meter

Wednesday, August 20


Dusty left him in there one guy too long...

Matt Clement should never had the opportunity to pitch to Jeff Kent. That's not a second guess, that's a first guess as I was screaming at my radio to get him the hell out of there. Problem is, we don't have a long reliever at the moment, since Estes is being held in reserve in case Wood cannot start tomorrow, and since Cruz is in Iowa because we had to have Tony Womack's weak hitting ass.

So Dusty trusted his guy to get one more inning out of him, and last night, it came back to bite us. I don't consider this a MUST win series, although certainly it would be a monumental plus if we could win it. But if we only win one of the three, there is still time to make it up in this division, as weak a division as I have ever seen.


|

Home